Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Welcome to WIWW, a weekly post that insures I'm out of those yoga pants and putting a little extra into my appearance! Because I'm a girl and we like these sorts of things right?! :)


Friday we hung out at home and I worked on blog stuff, and then we spent the evening with my in laws playing card games. I'm not sure how I feel about that shirt but only because I wore it while I was pregnant so I always feel the need to tuck and cinch it in a 'see!! I have a waist!!!" kind of way.  Do you know what I mean? Or is that just me... 
Oh Texas. Sunny skies, 70 degrees...and then rain and doom and frozen pipes...all in the same day.  
 Ok so this isn't "*actually* a picture from Sunday but  after making this skirt on Friday I loved it so much I wanted to wear it! And pictures just didn't happen that day....Here's a link for the skirt tutorial in case you missed it!



The fur vest thing is still happening right? Because I just figured out how to wear one so say yes;)  Yesterday I spent most of the day it seems in Walmart doing grocery shopping and birthday shopping.  Gwen will be 5 on the 24th so I made an extra solo trip at bedtime to pick up birthday surprises! It goes by so fast....

Thanks for reading!
Linking up with:



pleated poppy







Wordless Wednesday Hop

button



if you're visiting from one of these lovely blogs Hello! Welcome to my little corner of the inter-web!


post signature

19 comments:

  1. Fun looks! Love all your jewelry.
    Hope you can check out my latest post!
    www.nellecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Just checked it out and followed!

      Delete
  2. Those handmade items are incredible! I love the skirt and the owl necklace. You look gorgeous, as always.

    Thanks for linking up today!

    Alison
    www.getyourprettyon.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog from Shanna's-- and I'm so glad I did! I am needing any inspiration I can get from fashionable mommas! I have two daughters, too, aged 4 & 18mo. We are at similar stages in motherhood. (BTW- your daughters' names are so sweet and fit together so well). So cute- so inspiring-- so glad I stopped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aimee! You're right, We mommas have to stick together and fight the frump! haha;) Thank you so much for your sweet comment and for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Lovely outfits :) So colourful and different from one another!
    I love the Sunday look :)

    http://gamesoffashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. thank you! I've had it for almost two years and have only worn it a handful of times! ;(

      Delete
  6. ooo i like how we got to see most of your outfits for the week grouped together like that. i especially love sunday's- i can't believe you made that skirt yourself! i'm loving the colors and pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can make one too! Its from an old sweater:) I do this every Wednesday! See you next week?

      Delete
  7. I love all the outfits, but really like the handmade skirt and the fur vest outfits the best. I am always so envious of people that can sew. It is awesome! Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You can learn! I've been thinking about doing a into to sewing series...

      Delete
  8. Love that handmade skirt!

    Lindsey
    thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the yellow beret with the skirt - SO cute! Thanks for being a wardrobe Weds player this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Just stopping by from the FTF blog hop! New follower on your lovely blog, would love to have you stop by my blog sometime and follow back if you like. My daughter is 5 and yes it definitely goes by way to fast. That handmade skirt is great!

    xoxo,
    Melissa @ thisgirlslifeblog.com

    ReplyDelete